The Rewards Balance API returns the cardholder's available rewards balance and other relevant data, such as conversion rate. Before this API can be called, cardholders must already be enrolled in the Pay with Points program.
Key features and benefits
- Provides real-time inquiry into the customer's current points balance
- Presents points redemption only if the customer has an available points balance.
- Shows conversion rate of points to dollars in the merchant checkout experience.
- Queries Chase database to confirm that customer is using a Chase card product.
- Confirms that the Chase card is eligible to be used with Chase Pay with Points. If yes, allows the customer to see their points balance and use it toward the purchase.
- Returns available rewards balance - Returns the cardholder’s available rewards balance and other relevant data, such as conversion rate and product information.