Account and Customer Information
The Account and Customer Information API is a REST-based solution providing secure and convenient consumer and business access to their financial data.
Key features and benefits
- Access account details including balances and transactions for a wide variety of supported account types
- Put your end customer in control of their data sharing permissions and grants via Chase’s Security Center hosted-UI which you will incorporate into your app or service
The Account and Customer Information API supports data access for a wide variety of use cases.
|Use Case||Description / Examples|
|Personal financial management solutions||
|Lending and credit decisioning||
|Business accounting and audit||
|Fraud detection and mitigation||
How it works
Refer to the following diagram and steps for an overview of how this API works.
- Within your application, the user sees a prompt requesting authorization to access their Chase accounts
- The application displays the secure Chase login UI by loading /aggregator-oauth/mobile/authorize in an embedded web browser.
- The user enters their Chase credentials and consent to data share for the accounts they select.
- The Chase OAuth server processes the user credentials to determine access rights, and then generates an authorization code.
- The Chase OAuth server sends the authorization code to the application.
- The application exchanges the authorization code for an access token using a Post to /aggregator-ouath/token and sends it to the Chase OAuth server.
- The Chase OAuth server returns an access token to the application.
- The application embeds the access token in the Account and Customer Information API call.
- Chase processes the Account and Customer Information API call and returns data to the application.
- The application displays the data to the user.